A Royal Mystery by Audrey Carangelo
Comprehension Skill and
+elements of drama
How can art and performance help people understand a text?
Analyze the Text:
1. Why is Misty offended by Althea's words?
2. What have we learned about Rena be the end of the first scene?
3. What is the narrator's function in the play? When does she or he speak?
4. How does the phrase "I vow to help you win..." show that Rena and Althea are finding common interests?
5. What book is Althea reading? What do you think that she has concluded about Rena?
6. What do Althea and Rena have in common?
7. How are the girls different from each other?
8. How have their feelings toward each other changed between Scenes V and VI?
9. Why are the setting notes important to a play?
10. How did Althea and Rena react differently to the end of the race?
11. What is the theme of this story?